Kevin Bishop offers media coaching and training in the skills of news gathering and television packaging.
Since leaving the BBC, Kevin has been using his experience to teach groups at the Thomson Foundation Open Media Hub; he has given bespoke coaching for Feature Story News in Kampala and Moscow; and back at the BBC, Kevin gives regular classes in filing from the field for Newsgathering.
The Broadcast Masterclass is aimed at journalists looking to improve their skills and knowledge base, while sharing experience of news production at the highest level. Kevin draws on his experience of 24 years as a senior BBC producer and Bureau Chief. The course includes a wide variety of video based material and practical exercises.
The course is tailored to the needs of the individual client and includes:
- sending on a breaking story. How to find the story and get it back to base
- use (and misuse) of social media and user generated content
- how to make a TV package with impact and style
- what makes a news team function at its best
- the broadcast landscape in the UK today
- how the BBC Newsgathering operation is structured
WATCH: Kevin Bishop uses experiences from colleagues across BBC News to tell the story of how his team went about covering the shooting of a British
family in Annecy France in September 2012.
For more information Contact Kevin Bishop